Home // 苏州美甲美睫培训学校 // Man accused of biting police after pursuit

Man accused of biting police after pursuit

A manaccused of leading police on an elaborate pursuit through Wollongong, then biting two officers who tried to arrest him, has not applied for bail.

Steven Lewis Mackay faced Port Kembla Local Court Saturday charged with 12 offences relating to the chase, which began Friday about 2pm at the intersection of Old Port Road and Darcy Road, Port Kembla.

Police travelled in an unmarked car to the intersection after a motorist reported a driver threatening and following their car.

They allegedly found Mackay, 30, of Cabramatta, at the wheel.

Police say a chase ensued but was soon terminated after Mackay accelerated to more than 100km/h and overtook a car on the wrong side of Old Port Road, while another car was coming at him.

The chase resumed at 2.51pm in Figtree, where Mackay is accused of crossing onto the wrong side of Thames Street and travelling at 140km/h on Robsons Road, where the speed limit is 50km/h.

According to documents tendered to the court, the pursuit continued into a dead-end near Irvine Street, where Mackay conducted a hand brake turn, mounted the curb and collided with the front section of the police car in a bid to evade officers.

Police further allege Mackay undertook a number of stationary cars at a red light on the Princes Highway exit of Memorial Drive, mounted the kerb and drove on the footpath.

“At this time of the afternoon it is by sheer luck that there were no school students on the footpath at that time as Wollongong and Keira High Schools are only metres away,” court documents state.

Mackay, who also used the surname Henry, allegedly ran multiple red lights at Fairy Meadow and narrowly avoided a collision with oncoming traffic several times.

The court heard Mackay drove into a Toyota Hilux on Blackett Street at North Wollongong before he fled on foot. A one-second burst of capsicum spray administered by one of the pursuing officers had no effect.

Mackay then allegedly entered a unit complex on Pleasant Avenue, pushed the male and female caretakers out of the way and stole their car keys.

He was charged with resisting arrest and two counts of assaulting police after he allegedly twice punched an officer in the face and bit his right shoulder blade, breaking the skin. He also allegedly bit a second officer before more police arrived and he was arrested.

Both officers required transport to Wollongong Hospital for treatment.

Mackay faces charges including reckless driving, aggravated break and enter, common assault, drive while disqualified.

He will re-appear at Port Kembla Local Court on April 22.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.

Posted in 苏州美甲美睫培训学校

Comments are closed.